Friday 16 October 2015

Posted by TeachingBetweenTheLines On 16:48

     Today in class we had a working period as we as a school are celebrating our 50th anniversary. First we were instructed to review each element of the course site page before choosing which activities to complete. I chose to complete the Digital Learning Horoscope where I found that my beliefs about the importance of teaching media to students revolves around the idea of being a motivator. I also developed an awesome beach themed magazine cover which you can view to the right.

   By completing the activities in class, I learned that there are so many alternate methods, modes and means that can be utilized within the classroom to enhance student learning and to engage students in the material and content.

   Within my classroom, I hope to utilize as many alternative methods like the ones that were shared in class today. I feel as though has the potential to enable whole new modes of learning and that it will only enhance student learning as the onus is placed on them to become innovated and creative in order to put the technology to good use. I would love to have the opportunity to be able to utilize smartphones, tablets, advertising, bitstrips, animoto, and a variety of other resources within the classroom in order to change how teaching happens and to be able to access more resources then what my school has through mobile learning.