Thursday 15 October 2015

Posted by TeachingBetweenTheLines On 14:59


      After taking the Digital Learning Horoscope, I found that my beliefs about the importance of teaching media to students revolves around the idea of being a motivator. I believe that students should be given guidance and support while becoming independent learners in whatever direction their creativity takes them. I learned that a secondary focus of mine is being a spirit guide and am dedicated to looking at both the students social and emotional well-being. With this, I understand that media is an important outlet that they use to define their identity and sense of self-worth. I like to empower my students as well as myself as I see opportunities and advantages to using media and technology in my teaching practice and their learning, but I also see the importance of protecting my students and am able to identify the risks and challenges of using media and technology.


Personally, I feel that this test is fairly accurate. I see huge importance in utilizing media and technology in my teaching practice as this is where the future is headed and students need to be prepared for their future. With this, students need to understand the importance of being digitally literate and how they need to be safe in their interactions, persona, and explorations online.